Jaskot Willer Gill LLP

Imputing Income


How is my income determined if I have an obligation to pay child support or spousal support to my spouse?


In many cases, your income will be determined by reference to your personal income tax return from the most recent year.   This is most often the case where you earn only employment income and receive a T4 slip from your employer each year.   

If you are self-employed, a different set of factors and criteria may be considered.  For example, the Court has the ability to review, among other subjects, whether you receive unreported cash, whether…